Stretch your calves
- Stand an arm's length from a wall.
- Place your right foot behind your left.
- Slowly and gently bend your left leg forward.
- Keep your right knee straight and your right heel on the ground.
- Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds and release.
- Reverse the position of your legs, and repeat.
Regarding this, how do you stretch the ball of your foot?
Repeat using the other foot. Stretch sitting down. Sit barefoot and cross your left leg so that your ankle rests on your right thigh. Then hold your toes and bend them back toward your shin, stretching the band of tissue connecting the bottom of the heel to the ball.
How can I prevent plantar fasciitis from returning?
Tips to Help Prevent Plantar Fasciitis from Returning
- First, flex your foot a bit before you get out of bed.
- Next, while you're still in bed, place one leg across the other.
- Pull your toes upward bringing them toward your shin. Hold this position for about 10 seconds.
- Repeat this stretch 10 times for each foot.
You May Like Also