Let's go over the different methods of cooking vegetables and pick up some recipe ideas along the way.
- Raw Veggies.
- Boiling Veggies.
- Steaming Veggies.
- Sautéing Veggies.
- Stir-Frying Veggies.
- Braising and Stewing Veggies.
- Roasting and Baking Veggies.
- Frying Veggies.
In this regard, what are the 3 types of cooking methods?
Cooking methods in the culinary arts are divided into two categories:
- Dry heat cooking, such as roasting, broiling or sautéing.
- Moist heat cooking, like braising, steaming or poaching.
What is the cooking method?
The moist-heat cooking method involves cooking with water or stock, like poaching fish and steaming broccoli. The third category is a combination of the two and often uses long, slow-cooking periods to tenderize and break down tough cuts of meat, like braising pork shoulder.
What skills do you need for cooking?
Top Chef Skills
- Attention to Detail. Cooking is a science, so a chef needs to be precise.
- Business Sense. A good chef is also a good businessman.
- Cleanliness. Chefs need to know how to keep the kitchen sanitary.
- Culinary Expertise.
- Fast-Paced Decision Making.
You May Like Also