How toxic is nutmeg? | AnswersDrive

Ingestion of small amounts of nutmeg is harmless to the body, however the consumption of 1 to 3 whole nutmegs (in excess of 1 teaspoon ground) can cause wild hallucinations, nausea, vomiting, and/or circulatory collapse within 1 to 6 hours after ingestion.

Besides, how long does it take to get high off of nutmeg?

People who take nutmeg to get high usually experience symptoms of intoxication for at least 24 hours after taking nutmeg. Symptoms usually appear three to eight hours after ingestion and resolve within a day or two. But many of these symptoms can last longer, up to four days in one case.

Can you overdose on nutmeg?

Nutmeg poisoning is also reported to induce hallucinogenic effects, such as visual distortions and paranoia. Although rarely reported, nutmeg overdose can result in death, especially if combined with other drugs. The effects of nutmeg intoxication may last for several days.

What foods can you eat to get high?

8 Foods That Can Get You Legally High

  • Nutmeg. Season 4-8 teaspoons of ground nutmeg into your system and wait for your nerves to pop goofy with (mild) hallucinations.
  • Sugar. Yes, here it is, the legal white powder.
  • (Moldy) Rye Bread.
  • Fish.
  • Coffee.
  • Chili Peppers.
  • Poppy Seed Bagels.

You May Like Also

  • Why is it called the Nutmeg State?
  • What is the taste of nutmeg?
  • Where did the name nutmeg come from?
  • What is the source of nutmeg?
  • Where does nutmeg come from?
  • What is the taste of nutmeg?
  • How long does it take to get high off of nutmeg?
  • Where is nutmeg grown in the world?
  • What is the whole nutmeg?