Desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol combination is used to prevent pregnancy. It is a birth control pill that contains two types of hormones, desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol, and when taken properly, prevents pregnancy. It works by stopping a woman's egg from fully developing each month.
Keeping this in consideration, what is ethinyl estradiol used for?
This combination hormone medication is used to prevent pregnancy. It contains 2 hormones: levonorgestrel (a progestin) and ethinyl estradiol (an estrogen). It works mainly by preventing the release of an egg (ovulation) during your menstrual cycle.
What are the side effects of desogestrel?
Common side effects may include:
- light vaginal bleeding or spotting;
- nausea (especially when you first start taking this medicine), vomiting, bloating;
- changes in weight or appetite;
- breast tenderness or swelling;
- freckles or darkening of facial skin, increased hair growth, loss of scalp hair;
- headache; or.
What hormones are in desogen?
DESOGEN® Tablets (desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol tablets USP) contains a combination of a progestin and estrogen, the two kinds of female hormones. Each white tablet contains 0.15 mg desogestrel and 0.03 mg ethinyl estradiol. Each green tablet contains inert ingredients.
You May Like Also