SOLVING EQUATIONS CONTAINING ABSOLUTE VALUE(S)
- Step 1: Isolate the absolute value expression.
- Step2: Set the quantity inside the absolute value notation equal to + and - the quantity on the other side of the equation.
- Step 3: Solve for the unknown in both equations.
- Step 4: Check your answer analytically or graphically.
Also know, how do you find the absolute value?
Absolute value describes the distance of a number on the number line from 0 without considering which direction from zero the number lies. The absolute value of a number is never negative. The absolute value of 2 + 7 is 5.
What is the absolute value equation?
When we take the absolute value of a number, we always end up with a positive number (or zero). Whether the input was positive or negative (or zero), the output is always positive (or zero). For instance, |
How do you type absolute value on a computer?
- Open the word processing document, Web page or other location into which you want to type the absolute value sign. Hold down the "Shift" key. Press the "|" key on your keyboard, which usually shares a key with the backslash, or "", symbol.
- 00 · 11/15/2011 07:09.
You May Like Also