- In a medium sauce pan, add brown sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Stir constantly for about 3 minutes and reduce heat to low.
- Keep stirring until all sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in flavoring.
- Allow to cool before using.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how do you make syrup without brown sugar?
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter to a boil, stirring often.
- Continue to boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, stir in maple flavor. Start with 1 teaspoon, taste.
- Syrup will thicken as it cools. I store this in a sealed jar in the fridge.
- Enjoy : )
How can I make caramel sauce?
Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar.
What is the ratio of sugar to water for simple syrup?
Medium Simple Syrup – A ratio of 2 parts water to 1 part sugar – used to make sweeten beverages and iced tea. Thick or Rich Simple Syrup (basic simple syrup) – A ratio of 1 part water to 1 part sugar – This is used as the basis for cold fruit drinks and cocktails.
You May Like Also