Insert the degree symbol by using a keyboard shortcut
- Place the cursor where you want to insert the degree symbol.
- On your keyboard, press Alt + 0176. Note: This method works only for keyboards that include a 10-key numeric pad.
Likewise, people ask, how do you make a degree sign on your laptop?
I just copy and paste it from Word (or any program that gives a symbol insert drop down). ° - or you can hold the ALT key and type 0176 on your numeric keypad (the one on the right of the keyboard or embedded on a laptop).
How do I get the degree symbol on my keyboard?
How to Type the °
- PC. Hold down the Alt key and on the numeric keypad on the right of the keyboard, type 0176 or Alt+ 248.
- Mac. Press Option Shift 8.
- iOS. From the iOS keyboard on your iPhone or iPad:
- Android. Switch to the numbers and symbols keyboard and press the ALT key. The degrees symbol is on the second row.
How do you make a degree sign on a Macbook Pro?
To access it, position your cursor where you'd like to insert the degree symbol and then go to Edit > Special Characters (or Edit > Emoji & Symbols) in the Menu Bar. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Control-Command-Space.
You May Like Also