Note: Click the Tabs button to precisely set tabs.
- Select the paragraphs that you want to indent.
- On the Format menu, click Paragraph, and then click the Indents and Spacing tab.
- Under Indentation, do any of the following:
Regarding this, what is the keyboard shortcut to create a hanging indent?
If you like to use the keyboard to do your formatting, you may be interested in knowing how to format a paragraph to use a hanging indent just by using a keyboard shortcut. You do this in Word by pressing Ctrl+T. This "hangs" a paragraph to the next tab stop.
Where is the hanging indent in Word 2016?
The fastest way to add a hanging indent is to use the ruler.
- Select the paragraph where you want to add a hanging indent.
- Click View and then select the Ruler check box to show rulers.
- Drag the hanging indent marker (shown below) to the right. It's the lower triangle on the ruler.
You May Like Also