Safe ways to remove earwax
- Ask your doctor to remove the wax in their office.
- Clean the outside of your ear with a damp cloth.
- If you choose to use cotton swabs, don't insert them into the ear canal.
- You can use earwax softener to soften earwax for easier removal.
- You can use a syringe to irrigate your ears.
Moreover, can I get my ears cleaned at urgent care?
The wax will fall out or may be cleaned safely from the outer ear with a washcloth. Earwax that is causing problems can be removed by your Reddy Urgent Care healthcare provider. Your provider may use irrigation (ear washes), a curette (tiny spoon-shaped tool), or suction.
Can a doctor remove ear wax?
Medical Treatment for Earwax Blockage. The doctor may remove your earwax with a small plastic spoon called a curette, or irrigate your ear with warmed water, sodium bicarbonate, or other prescription-strength eardrops. The doctor may also use gentle suction to remove the wax.
How do I clean the wax out of my ears?
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Soften the wax. Use an eyedropper to apply a few drops of baby oil, mineral oil, glycerin or hydrogen peroxide in your ear canal.
- Use warm water. After a day or two, when the wax is softened, use a rubber-bulb syringe to gently squirt warm water into your ear canal.
- Dry your ear canal.
You May Like Also